Sewer Contractors: Here are seven things you should know about Formadrain’s Cured-in-Place-Pipe (CIPP) trenchless technology system…
- FORMADRAIN trenchless technology is a true no dig system…
Almost all lateral pipe repair or “rehabilitation” systems involve digging – even the so-called “trenchless” systems. The Formadrain system requires no digging whatsoever. This means:
- Speedy repairs (your job gets done faster)
- Savings in time, labor & equipment
- Minimal setup space (no digging)
- Environmentally friendly
- Safe for public utilities
- Completely Renews Damaged Pipes:
Instead of repairing or “rehabilitating” a damaged pipe, the FORMADRAIN system actually renews it with a completely brand new pipe – right inside the old one (with minimal loss in diameter). The system can be used to repair:
- Split, cracked or broken joints
- Poorly installed or leaky joints
- Water infiltration
- Leakage problems (resulting in from aging, corrosion, etc.)
- It stops root intrusion permanently.
- The Entire Pipe is Lined:
With our system, the new pipe completely fills the old one – with absolutely no seams or joints. The entire pipe is one single piece. And there are no gaps anywhere around the new pipe, so there is no chance of tree roots – for example – penetrating and causing future damage (with many other systems the new pipe lies at the bottom of the old one leaving a gap at the top).
- MUNICIPAL – Our System Cures (Spot) Point Repairs in 35 Minutes:
Our special steam heated curing system means that a new pipe can be cured in 35 minutes and ready to use. Other systems can literally take hours before the curing process is finished, as they are dependant on the temperature in the environment. Our “hot cure” system also means higher quality control for you.
- INDUSTRIAL – An Industrial Resin That Will Resist Almost Anything:
FORMADRAIN has developed a special resin for industrial applications – FORMAPOX 301. This extraordinary resin will resist almost any acid and can be used in basic liquids (e.g., caustic), high temperature liquids 212OF (100OC) and for refineries.
- Gives You Time to Get the Job Done:
The FORMADRAIN system allows you up to four hours – once the resin is mixed – to get the job done. With other systems such as “ambient cure” you can’t control the “open” time (after resin and harderner are mixed); the time you have for repair relies on the ambient temperature. This benefit is possible due to our exclusive materials which are designed to harden when they are heated (our system is simple to use and efficient).
- Will Last for 50 Years or More:
Our special materials allow for a relatively thin and yet incredibly strong pipe – stronger than any other system on the market. Unlike other systems which use felt (with polyester, etc.), our system employs fiberglass and a special epoxy resin that is really tough – it can’t be broken with a sledgehammer. As one contractor put it, “The strength of the cured liner was better than we had ever imagined.” (John E. Reid, Illinois).